What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It is normally sent by a web server to your browsers cookie file and enables the server to collect information back from your site visit.
So that our site can work effectively, we may use temporary “cookies” that remain in the cookies file of your browser until your cookies are deleted or the browser is closed. This enables us to further develop our site to give you the best user experience, this includes:
- information about which pages you visit, actions you perform and which resources you use on our site
- information about how you got to our site
- your internet protocol address known as your IP address which is used to connect your device to the internet
- your device’s operating system and platform
- the type and version of the browser you are using
- browser plug-in types and versions which extend the functionality of your browser, for example Pinterest, Evernote and Adblock
- traffic data, which is aggregated information about the number of visitors, sessions, users and page visits to our site
- location data
- time zone setting
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at http://www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.